Sometimes you've a super lovely and beautiful, and amazing and crazy smart, and intelligent, etc. and famous sister, and they write articles about her. And then a fact checker gets in touch with you.
Hi R. Please see the answers I've inserted. (Also, I've only tried to answer honestly. Sorry if what I've written comes off as otherwise!)
On Tuesday, January 6, 2015, R. wrote:
I work for R. and am fact-checking a profile on your sister Sheila by R. I wonder if you'd be able to answer the following questions just to ensure everything is factually correct:
1. Are you Sheila Heti’s younger brother?
2. Did Sheila always have a strong artistic vision growing up?
I'm not really able to speak to what another person's vision is, or was, always. Also, I was born after Sheila. (Colloquially, sure, I guess, but, I can't give this question a straight answer.)
3. Would you say you are comfortable presenting yourself as an unsavoury character?
I'm not sure what you mean by my "self." As a person? A comic? A comedic persona?
4. Is Sheila also?
I would ask the same question as above. (That said, I'm not sure I'm able to speak to what Sheila feels.)
5. Do you take pleasure in presenting yourself in this way and don’t care what others think?
6. Does Sheila also?
7. Do you have any regret about any of the content of your stand-up?
Thanks very much,